Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Intense

I found this poem on the away message of an old acquaintance of mine. Some of you may remember her as Flic from EW. It turns out that the poem was her own, so I immediately asked if I could post it here. Of course, all rights to it are hers and posted with permission. Thank you for respecting that.

~*~*~

His Eyes
His gaze meets my own
I want to close my eyes.
I can't look at Him.
He loves me.
I don't know what that is.
I don't understand.

He gently turns my head,
clasping my chin in His hands,
holding me still.
His eyes...
those eyes.
They blaze and burn.
They see farther and deeper
they speak.
They say
"My love, my love is free.
I paid the price, and
you have no more shame.
Look me in the eye,
believe."
I want to gaze.
I want to look.
I want to speak.
My tears fall as my eyes travel downward.
Can I look into His eyes?
Am I ready for the love that I will see?


~*~*~

Goodness, I love it when good writing strikes all kinds of chords with me. Chills!

No comments: