Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Live Life Now

The more I try to work through the truth of death, and the seemingly inevitable crisis of faith that has accompanied it, I've learned two very important things.

God is always with us, the connection to Him just changes with time and circumstances.

And no matter how much we fear death, the unknown, and the afterlife, there is one very important truth here: we can't stop it. Worrying will not get us a free pass. Fear won't prevent it. It only prevents us from truly embracing the beauty of this life to the full.

The way I see it, those who live their lives with a sincere and heartfelt desire to follow after God will spend eternity in peace with Him. And if I'm wrong? If this life just ends in death?

There are worse things, I suppose. It's probably like sleeping. I like sleeping. Heh.

Either way, whatever happens shouldn't keep us from truly enjoying life while we've got it. We've got one chance to do well, to foster love and change the lives of those around us for the better. Duty to humankind is something that spans well beyond religion.

We shouldn't worry about it, because we can't control it! And that's so freeing in a way for me. It brings me peace...almost. And considering how bad my phobia has been since my childhood, I'm willing to consider this marked progress! Thank God! The peace is overwhelming.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and the wisdom to know the difference.

No comments: