Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Pre-Lenten Humor

As I savor the last little bit of this Ben & Jerry's ice cream--my penance this Lent--I wanted to share this video that I stumbled upon earlier this evening.

San Francisco's Judy McDonald is not only a seasoned standup comedian, but a solid Catholic as well. She tours the country to share her love for laughter and honesty, but a critical message remains at the core of her routines: the Truth of the Gospel.

It's so refreshing for me to see someone like Judy that has managed to take an unconventional passion and turn it into a witness for the Church. It's especially nice to see that she loves to focus on youth audiences--my generation needs to re-learn that God isn't dead. Beyond that, everything she says is just so true!

I hope this clip helps you to kick off Lent with a smile. It did for me. :)

No comments: