Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Chances

Just a small thought--seemingly all my schedule leaves me capable of now, hehe--before I turn in.

Some of you may know that while I consider myself pro-life, I'm not incredibly vocal or zealous about it. As horrible as that may sound, it's only the truth; maybe someday, God will strengthen that conviction in me.

But tonight, something struck me that I wanted to share with you all, something that, for a few minutes, made me feel as passionate as many of my friends.

The thing about abortion is that, when we say no to life in favor of death, we are saying, "I don't want you. You're not wanted here."

Can any of us say we would react positively if someone told us that? Particularly someone who didn't know us from Adam? Imagine being approached on the street and being killed as so many are, simply for being at the wrong place at the wrong time, a victim of circumstance.

The fact is, that little clump of cells will grow to be a human being, with all that comes with it--dreams, desires, hopes, fears, talents, joys, loves.

Why do we say no to them? We have multiple chances to do the right thing. Those little ones don't stand a chance.

There's got to be another way...

No comments: