Sunday, March 23, 2008

Alleuia!

Christ is risen! Alleluia!

I don't think I'll tire of saying it for a good while. After holding it in for so long, I can barely contain my joy.

Sitting in the dark at Church last night was eerie in so many ways. I was still feeling somewhat ill from the intensity of Good Friday, and the nightmare-ridden sleep that night. I clung to my candle and tried to lose myself in the readings and psalms, punctuated at the end by a reading from Romans about Christ destroying our death.

When the lights came on and the Gloria rang out with bells, I nearly cried. Finally, an end to the mourning...

He is risen as He said!


And, as I knelt in prayer before receiving the Eucharist, I was flooded with an intense joy that I find difficult to put into words. But in that moment, this verse came into my mind (Revelation 21:4):

And He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away.


This week may have left me emotionally broken, but the glory I've experienced today has really made all of it a passing memory.

Again, God made good on His promises. God said my mourning would cease, and it did. Christ said He would rise again, and He did.

For that, I am very, very glad.

Alleluia! Happy Easter, everyone.

No comments: