Friday, September 3, 2010

Keeping it simple...

I'll be back with the school update this weekend, if I have time.

I told myself that I'd get more sleep this year. (I swear that half the reason I was in such bad shape emotionally last semester was because I ran on 4-5 hours of sleep for weeks at a time.) At almost 3:30 a.m., I'm not off to a good start. *snort*

Actually, I'm cleaning my room. Mama says that I tend to leave a tornado of papers everywhere I go, and without her to nag me up here, it's ten times worse. So every now and then I clear the place out. I do feel less scattered when I'm done.

In the process, I was thinking about old friends ... and something that Justin taught me a long time ago. It's not necessarily a Wiccan thing per se, but it serves them and us well:

If it's broken, fix it. And if you can't fix it, ditch it. Keep what works. God helps those who help themselves.

I threw that saying out a long time ago because I thought it smelled too much like relativism (Sorry, hon. I know it was stupid.) and I was scared to follow through. But look at what I did this summer. I cut out all of the petty things that wasted my time or caused me to stumble ... even though it hurt ... and look at where it's gotten me. =)

You guys are rarely ever wrong about these things. Maybe I should listen more often. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It hurt both of us a great deal to cut one another out. I'm sorry I caused you to stumble, and that I was nothing but a petty problem to you. At least ditching me has helped you become a stronger person, and that's good I guess! I'm glad you are the better for it, even if I am not...yet. Working on it though, last night was a good start.
-Phil

Anonymous said...

And that probably came out sounding more bitter than intended, if it did, I apologize...again.

And last night, having actual fellowship with people my own age without being judged? I see how you found a second family in Newman, because I think I found mine. :) I'm feeling normal and human again, or at least starting to!
-
Phil