Saturday, September 26, 2009

New blog!

Readers here may be interested in knowing that as a part of my Online Journalism course, I'm being required to keep a blog this semester.

Yes, I'm serious. It took a lot of self-control not to squeal with joy during class.

The best part is it's on a topic of my choice, and after some discussion with my professor about the execution and direction, along with prayer, I've decided to do it about Catholicism. Being involved in the Catholic Campus Ministries family gives me access to plenty of contacts, and I've been in touch with all but one of my priests, who are all excited and ready to help.

This is perhaps that window I've been looking for; an opportunity to open up about the faith, subtly teach the truth, and combine my academics with something I really love.

Abide With Us will have a very different feel from this blog--for one, it's not going to be about my intimate experiences and struggles. Instead, I'm going to do some apologetics work while covering what happens at CCM and how we grow as the young end of the Body of Christ.

Please pray for me and, if you can, link to me throughout this process--I'd really like to do some good for the Church with it, and considering I've always wanted to become a religion beat reporter, it almost seems like God is handing this to me. Trust me, I'm not complaining!

You can find my new blog here: Abide With Us

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.