Thursday, April 19, 2007

I finally get it...

I think I just listened to the coolest (or strangest, or both) priest ever. For anonymity's sake I won't mention my benefactor, but thank you!

The guy was Fr. Larry Richards, a priest at St. Joseph's in Erie, PA. The lecture I heard was all about Confession...

(...which, by the grace of God and a genuinely loving family, I will be going to this Saturday!)

The first thing that struck me was his outspoken demeanor that I really connected to. He got loud, which I found refreshing in a Catholic priest; the ones I've met are all softspoken. He had me giggling aloud almost the entire time.

The important thing, though, is that he reminded me that I am loved by He who gave me life, regarless of what I've done to spit in His face. Sure, I've been told so before many times by many people. This time, though, I believe it.

His Name is Mercy. And to go to Him and confess is to be healed by Love Himself...

Is it Saturday yet?

2 comments:

Eudaimonia said...

:)

-Eudaimonia(the ever articulate)

BG45 said...

*laughs* Didn't realize he was from Eerie. I have a cousin and her husband, a minister, who live on the outskirts.